Anti Ragging Committee
Ragging is legally banned. It a punishable offence. In view increasing number of events of ragging the University Grants Commission has passed the UGC regulations on Cure being the mentions of ragging in higher educational institutions, 2009. Ragging is any conduct by “ any student or students whether by words spoken or return or by an act which has effect of teasing , treating or handling with rudeness fresher or psychological harm or to raise fear or appearance thereof in any fresher or asking any students to do any act which such students will not in any ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or psyche of a such fresher or any other student, with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing of power, or any other student”. The Anti-Ragging Committee may, depending on nature and gravity of the guilt established by the Anti-Ragging squad, award to those found guilty, one or more of the punishment following namely,
- The suspension from attending classes and academic privileges
- Withholding / withdrawing scholarship/ fellowship and other benefits
- Debarring from appearing any test / examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, National meets, tournaments, youth festival, zonal sports competitions etc
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the institution for periods, practicals.
Note- The students advised to consult the Anti-Ragging Committee in case of emergency. To curb the menace of ragging following committee members always work for the stress free atmosphere in the college:
|Principal will act as Chairman||Chairman|
|Dr. Kousadikar G.S.||Convenor|
|Dr. Mrs. Makne H.D||Member|